If you’re on TikTok or reading up on 2023 fall fashion, chances are you’ve seen hundreds of beautifully styled blazers atop outfits of all kinds. The blazer has been around since the 1800s, and its rich history reveals its use in college boating team uniforms. However, it didn’t take long for this stylish jacket to gain popularity among both the general public and fashion moguls.
Today, the blazer is a chic layering piece that adds instant style to any look. Pairing a high-quality jacket with fitted sweaters, pants, and boots isn’t a new trend. However, leather blazer fashion has now transcended time and seasons. When styled correctly, these sophisticated jackets can be worn and admired year-round.
How to Style Your Blazer
Perhaps you invested in some new clothes recently with no idea how to style a leather blazer. Or maybe you’re looking for the perfect addition to your updated wardrobe, and you want to be sure you know how to wear a leather blazer before investing. Either way, we’re here to help.
Since the turn of the 20th century, when women began wearing blazers for fashion and practicality, the leather jacket has proven its versatility and timeless swank. Anyone can rock the right blazer. Here are nine tried-and-tested leather blazer fashion looks for your consideration:
1. Jeans, T-Shirt, & Blazer: A Timeless Classic
You’ve definitely seen this look while scrolling through TikTok or Pinterest. As we transition into the cooler months, fall fashion icons from all over are pairing their favorite pair of jeans with a casual t-shirt and completing the look with the perfect blazer. Whether you choose a vintage graphic tee or a chic baby tee, this look is a go-to you can wear on repeat with different shirts underneath. Add an ethically-sourced HYER GOODS blazer in any of three versatile neutral colors, including black, camel, and chocolate brown. Their natural fit is relaxed, helping to add that effortless chic vibe to any look.
2. A Casual Brown Leather Blazer in Place of Formal Black
Yes, we're entering our chocolate era. Swapping black for brown gives a rich look to any outfit, and it's never been more current as chocolate brown fashion was one of the biggest trends from the runways. Mix it with black under layers, pop a color on top like green or red, and have fun with this less-serious alternative to black.
3. Belt Your Blazer When on the Go
Belting your blazer can accentuate your shape, make you appear more sophisticated, and keep you warm. It can also transform something you already have in your wardrobe, giving it a totally new vibe (you know how much we love doing more with less). This look pairs well with heeled boots, a tight tee, and a sleek bun if you’re looking to make a statement without much effort.
4. Oversized Blazer Over A Mini Skirt
If an oversized jacket intimidates you but you want to give it a shot, a good rule of thumb is to play with proportions and pair it with opposites. If you're wearing something big on top, like an oversized leather blazer in this case, pairing it back to something small on the bottom, like a mini skirt, will create balance and harmony in the overall look.
5. Crop Top Under Blazer
Again, we're playing with proportions here! Donning a nice crop top under your oversized blazer is another hot trend on TikTok and Pinterest this year. This option is great for warmer seasons when you want to look dressier but remain cool, but honestly it works great year round if you add some warm accessories to offset a bare midriff.
6. A Neutral Leather Blazer to Tether Bright Colors Together
So, you love color. You can definitely opt for a bright blazer, but it might clash with your other bright pieces or limit how often you can wear it. As an investment piece, a leather blazer should pair back to almost anything in your wardrobe. Ground your colorful wardrobe with black, brown or tan on top.
7. Pair A Lighter Neutral Blazer with Skirts or Dresses
A camel or cream-colored blazer maintains an upscale appearance when wearing any type of skirt. These feminine colors match dresses well. They’re also great for spring and summer when florals and lighter colors are in.
8. Knitted Turtleneck & Fitted Blazer
This classic ensemble pairs divinely with a slicked-back bun, gold hoops, sharp sunglasses, and delicate heels. It provides that sleek look every New York Fashion icon continues chasing. Whether you play around with fun colors or stick to neutrals, it’s foolproof.
9. Black and White: No Room for Gray Area
When in doubt, pair a classic black blazer with black pants and a white top. From here, you can accessorize with accent colors if desired or keep it traditional by sticking to gold jewelry and a black scarf, boot, or hat. This style option is great if you’re just starting to use your blazer and don’t want to step too far outside your comfort zone. (Bonus points if you stack a black leather blazer on black leather pants!)
Tips To Make You Stand Out from the Crowd
You’re bound to make waves with a statement blazer. Now that you're equipped with several leather blazer outfit ideas to keep you styled year round, strut your stuff down the street with confidence! But before you do, keep these fashion tips in mind when putting the finishing touches on your winter ensemble.
- Options are great to have. Leather blazers never seem to go out of style! Over time, collecting options in different styles, like fitted or oversized, or different colors will prove to be a good investment. While a vintage leather blazer is always a great choice, the leather quality can sometimes be dubious. HYER GOODS blazers are the best in leather blazer fashion, with classic blazer color options and ethically sourced materials, so you can look good and feel good about what you’re wearing.
- Accessorize with sleek, sophisticated jewelry to elevate any leather fashion trend. Adding just a few jewelry pieces really catches the eye. We love a timeless gold hoop and layered delicate necklaces. You can even through in some beads or pearls to add a unique touch.
- Invest in some good quality basics to round out the look, including jeans, boots and bags. These are the pieces in your wardrobe that you'll wear every single day on repeat. Investing in good quality, well-fitting timeless essentials will help you look put together and help keep you confident.
Rock Your Blazer with Confidence
When it comes to leather fashion trends, there are so many options to consider. From bags to boots, leather is a staple that no longer needs to be relegated to fall/ winter fashion. Just like wearing white all year round, we argue that it’s always in season. After all, a blazer is the perfect versatile addition to any outfit year-round. You just have to know how to style it!